Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
learning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

learning

my  son is 3yrs 3months old.he  is recognizing all the letters and numbers 1-10.he can read all the letters while showing words and ask him to read . but he is  not counting . if i ask to count, he is counting like 1,2,8,9,10. he is not showing interest at all when iam trying to teach  him.
iam starting to worry about him. please can you help me.
is he having learning disabilities?
i don't think he has a disability.  i worked at a daycare and actually worked in the 3 year old class and in the pre-k class.  the 3 year olds seemed to like it better when the learning was fun.  like try to make counting from 1 to 10 into a song.  you can sing it periodically throught the day and once he learns it in a song you can ask him to start saying the numbers to you one at a time.  
3 years old is not an age where most three years are going to just sit down and learn it all in a couple months.   I agree the reason for lack of eye contact and speech delays is because our eyes are looking at a screen most of the time.   Adults would rather txt their boss then do the noble thing and call in sick like a grown up.    Now what this country did to its kids was increase traits of autism and created this fear that autism means retarded and doom.  It increased education expectations for three and four year olds.  But the one reality is autism is rare is misunderstood and three olds don't sit down.    Okay....however I believe in early education and it should start early but it shouldn't be taken so seriously were actually considering our children as doomed if they aren't responding th way we want them too.   Most likely their gonna be fine.   Okay.....have a nice day.