Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
mom holding sons penis while urniating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mom holding sons penis while urniating

I have this friend who has a four and a half year old son.  I recently found out every single time he uses the bathroom, she insists on holding his penis for him while he urinates.  She calls this "tip-toeing"; she doesn't want his penis to touch the toilet seat.  I find this very odd and was wondering if it's normal behavior.  
This same boy can't say his ABC's or count and he doesn't dress himself.  He doesn't have any disabilities that would refrain him from doing any of these things himself, either.   Is this normal behavior for his age?
Related Discussions
Not sure if u will read this, its been awhile since u have posted. My question is mostly, why is the mother being so protective? I could understand if there was something that was preventing him from doing all of this, but if there isn't maybe the mother should look into some kind of therapy about lettting go. My sister had this problem with my nephew. Granted he had a broken arm, right in the middle of potty training so it was hard for him. But if you are uncomfortable suggesting therapy, or talking openly about this not to hurt your friends feelings, get some pamphlets or call a dr. and maybe get some info that could help. Hope this is helpful to you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...