Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
my 3 yr old is holding his poop and now bleeding whrn passing a movemen...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

my 3 yr old is holding his poop and now bleeding whrn passing a movement

my 3 yr old has problems with bowel movements for about a year now, he is toilet trained but is holding in his poops. he will run round the house clenching his bum cheeks.  We have tried everything, stories, bribery, reward charts, increasing fruit intake, ignoring the situation and now laxatives- lactulose and califig. he still able to hold it in, he passes extremley large stools and he now bleeds which results in him screaming in pain and holding on even more the next time. I know that mostly its psycological but what worries me is that his tummy looks distended today, he eating little but still has flatulance, so i know his bowel is working, but josh was a premature baby and at 4 mnths old had an inguinal hernia and operated on, could he have a bowel problem because of this?? how do i act on it? im worried sick, im taking him to the gp in the morn, i know that if they ofer suppositories that it will only add to his distress and make his psycological prblem worse. please hepl me with some advice.
Tags: passing, poop, his, yr
You need to take him to a doctor. I do not know what to do about getting him to use the potty, but the second you see blood in his stool there is a problem- possibly a major one. One should never ever see blood in the stool- that means that there is something wrong in the intestines or stomach- I suggest you make an appt today.
ok you need to seriously seriously most likey give him more than one adult enema  every hour!!!!!i had to to do 3 in 6 hours..but i didnt....did it in 3 days...and put him on miralax..i went through tha wehn my son was 18 months,no blood though...but i have been going to gastro since then..is he about to be 4...i no longet have to go,i got it under ocntrol..you need to see a gastro.she will tell you that too..or you pediatrician as well..much cheaper.call the dr. and ask.his stoll is to big...and hard if its making him bleed. he will need to be on mirialax everyday....just like my son is still on it and every now and then fletchers...ask ...they'll tell you..good luck.....i know its hard..once you get him on miralax he will be fine..you will have to play with the doses eventually...