Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
my 4 yr old daughter hasn't pooped more than a week ago?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my 4 yr old daughter hasn't pooped more than a week ago?

I have a 4 yr old daughter it's been past a week and she hasn't pooped. As far as I remember the last 2 times she pooped she waited a few days but the poop she pooped was HUGE and FAT that normal I think like an adult or bigger than adult size and that hurt her alot!!! And now im afraid she doesn't want to poop so won't hurt her! So she doesn't want to poop. please help me what to do or what to give her?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1280088_tn?1335916468
you shud take her to the hospital that is not good for to not poop.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Take her to the doctor.  No delay.  
Blank
Take her to the Pediatrician! If her bowl is impacted you dont want to try to fix that at home. In the future look at her diet or any new meds that would cause this.
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
If she is purposely holding it in, give her stewed prunes. That works very well for children. But in any case ask the pediatrician about her problem. It could have been a one-time case of constipation. The resulting fear can result in persistent constipation and a long-term problem.
Blank
Ok I know everyone freaks out when their kids dont poop but its ok its not gonna kill her to go a week without pooping.  My daughter does this all the time and has since she was 3 months old. Her doc said she is ok. Unless she is acting sick or lethargic dont worry so much!  If she will drink juice give her some PLUM juice not PRUNE it tastes much better than prune juice and I know my daughter loves it!  Try to get her to eat a prune a day for a while till she is regular again!  If she doesnt usually eat and drink these things it will make her really need to poop and so she will. Yes it is painful to watch your child have such a hard time trust me I know my daughter is not 4 and like I said this has been going on since she was 3 months old. just get some fiber in there!  There may have been a change in her diet for your daughter that made this change. Maybe you have noticed her craving cheeses or milks or something specific more often lately. If so try to limit it and make sure you get that fiber in!  Unless she is acting sick (other than not eating cause if her bowls are full she isnt really gonna want to eat) like sleeping a lot saying she doesnt feel good cold clammy or feverish then ya take her in ASAP but otherwise she is prolly just a little constipated and now scared!  It will hopefully pass just as quick and it started!!  Good luck let me know how it goes!!!
Blank
1006035_tn?1391310794
That's really not a good thing. I'd try giving her a mild OTC laxative or children's gas relief. She could be getting constipated because she is lactose intolerant. Try replacing milk with Pediasure for a week and see what happens. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out! Otherwise, it's time to talk to her ped.
Blank
Thanks for the comments and I Did take her to her doctor the doctor sayed it was ok  they gave Fleet enema that work great but my daughter suffered all that night trying to poop but it worked and since then I have been given her miralax thats also working but she is ok now thanks for the your comments to all of you!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...