my four yr old boy wont poop in the toilet anymore
My son turned four in nov. He has peed in the potty since he was 2, and quit wetting the bed at the same time. However pooping in the toilet has be harder to get him to do. His father n I have different methods but we did each method for a few months before trying something different. He was potty trained for about a month n then all of a suddened he has started going in his pants not only at home but at school.. we tried the rewards deal. He has had everything taken away tv xbox his fav toys n then when he pooped he got one back. This worked untill he got everything back. We did that cycle three times each time lengthing how long he had to b accident free to get stuff back. We have tried spanking he hates getting them but they don't phase him. I ask him why he poops his pants he doesn't knw y. We were using underware but that got too expensive so we got pulls up. He still goes pee n the toilet but refues to go poop. Please help he is a very smart boy who knws when he has to go because he goes and hides so we don't knw he is going.
Is he in preschool?  I'd keep him in pullups for a while and not mention potty training, until things settle down emotionally, and in the meantime go to the library and get a couple of good books on potty training.  It sounds like things are so fraught right now with tension that you'd do better for a cooling-off period on the subject no matter what method you try next.  I would never spank over potty training, it just makes the kid feel like he is a bad person doing something horrible.  But all he is really doing is having trouble conforming to what you want with his bodily functions.
Ok ill try that. Thank u very much.. n yes he has been in preschool siince aug. He has never had an accident until this week
If he "has never had an accident until this week," where does this all come in -- "He has had everything taken away tv xbox his fav toys n then when he pooped he got one back. This worked untill he got everything back. We did that cycle three times each time lengthing how long he had to b accident free to get stuff back. We have tried spanking he hates getting them but they don't phase him.  We were using underware but that got too expensive so we got pulls up. He still goes pee n the toilet but refues to go poop."  You've done all of this hectic activity related to potty training in only one week?  Gee, you REALLY need to let it go.  Keep him in the pullups, and seriously, get those books on potty training and read them in depth while keeping your mouth shut to your son about the topic, to give everyone a cooling-off period.  All this pressure, and especially punishment, is only going to make things worse.  Just change his pullups or help him change them and don't comment.  Read the books.