Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
my son wont stop peeing in room

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

my son wont stop peeing in room

hi i need advice about my 4 yrs old son he keeps peing in his bedroom. my son has been peeing in his room since he was about 3 years old i thought it was because i had a new partner but he was doing it month before he turned up then i thought he was doing it because we put him in his room because he was naughty but i caught him 1 day peeing behind his bedroom door when he was in his room playing then i night i could smell urine in his bedroom there was puddle beside his bed so i put a camera in his room to record what he was doing the following day when he was at nursery i watch the video if his getting up through the night leaning over the side of the bad peeing on the floor so the next day i told him he would be moving to the small room out of the big room because he kept peeing the floor i told him you better stop peeing the floor but when i moved him into the small room he started peeing in his toy box we asked him why do you keep peeing in his room he said "i dont know i just do it" i really need help i dontknow what to do could someone please get back to me and give me advice

thanks
Put a potty chair in his room, maybe he is scared to get up and use the bathroom at night
i completly agree with mum2beagain. my four year old does the same thing and has since he was 2.5. i brought it up to his doctor and he said to put a potty chair in the bedroom because my son just couldn't make it to the bathroom. yes it is gross empting it nightly but it's better then the smell in the room from the child having an accident. i had to completly remove the carpet and put in linoleum flooring to get rid of the odor.
   i was told that it is common for  boys to pee in thier rooms because they don't wake up completly to go the bathroom. i also have caught my son sleep walking to what he thought was his toilet and ended up peeing in his toybox, so i took the toybox and put it at the foot of his bed and put another toilet where the toybox was i haven't had a problem since, and now that he is older he has been going to the actual bathroom witch i have lit with nightlights so he isn't scared (he's afraid of the dark) he still has a potty chair for in case he can't make it but he barely uses it so i know he will grow out of it
Yeah I think putting a potty chair in the room is the best option he might be afraid to get out of bed at night or maybe thinks he won't make it. This reminds me of a summer when I was a kid and my nephews came to live with us for a short while and my sis caught them peeing in the heater vent on the floor that the heat comes up through. They were in the upstairs room and were either afraid  to come all the way downstairs or thought they could not make it or else they thought the heater vent led outside or to never never land or  something. LOL!  But they stopped when my mom talked to them about it thank God,  but  OMG when winter came and we had to turn on the heat! LOL! That smell went through the whole house for about a month. LOL!  !
This was also the summer that one of my nephews got some new cowboy boots for kids and he refused to take those things off not even to go to sleep! He only took them off to bathe because they would get ruined from the water and he didn't want to hurt them but he literally had a temper tantrum at 5yrs old if you tried to make him take those boots off! LOL! That was funny. We would just wait for him to fall asleep then go in and gently remove them off his feet to not wake him. LOL! Hahah!
thank you for your comments but i just have to say i really dont think hes scared to get up throught the night or cared he might not make it the toilet i right in front of his bedroom door i leave the light on at night i have been doing that since he was to just so he knew where to go and he does get up throught the night to the toilet and its not just through the night he does it he does it throught the day we have caught him doing it behind the door and in his toy box when i asked him yesterday because he did it again i asked him why do you do it hes just said i cant be bothered going to toilet i am going to try the potty i have even tried putting a nappy back on him but he loved it so i will try anything once thank you everyone who is trying to help me
During the day make a game of it.  Get a box of cheerio's or fruit loops.  You toss 5 or so in the toilet and have him try to "sink" them.  It will make it fun to go.  Leave a small bowl of them on the sink at night for him to use???  Don't know if it will help but worth a try?
If he is doing during the day it because he can't be bothered to use the potty properly then get him involved in doing the cleaning and laundry, maybe all the extra chores this behaviour leads him to have to do he may think twice about it.
thanbk you very much everyone for your comments i will try them all if i dont he wont stop i will let use know how i get on thanks again
Hi, my son just turned 3 we have been potty training on and off since he was 2 but we have a big issue. He wakes up dry goes to the potty most of the time but he pees on the floor any where either because he was mad at some one or board and he thinks its funny I have made him clean it up and every thing but how do I stop it? I dont know what else to do. We use pennies to motivate him to use the potty which helps and we take some away when he doesnt but I am just to a point where I can figure out anything. Can any one please help?