Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
need EXREME help with 3 year old child
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

need EXREME help with 3 year old child

I family member died about a year ago and Ive taken in her 3 children, in addition to my own 4. The two other children, have adjusted into living with us by now...following the rules at home and school. The 3 year old however, who stays home with me and my home schooled daughter, is constantly getting into trouble. I'm positive shes still not in the terrible 2's. Her mother smoked crack while she was pregnant with her and she has an extreme case of ODD. She is very very intelligent.. shes been able to talk fluently since shes been two.. and understands what shes doing at all times. Her brothers and sisters said that before they came here she ate her own poop.. she shares a room with my daughter...and recently we've found her eating products such as hair grease and lotion. My daughter removed all the products in her room. And then she started digging in the trash searching for things to eat. Now the trashcan is placed where she cant reach. Now shes started eating magazine paper from a huge collage my daughter has on her wall. We've removed that and now shes began eating anything she gets her hands on like the plastic packet for hair beads. PLASTIC! My daughter woke up to find her chewing on a piece of it. I cant trust her to do simple things like use the bathroom without supervision because my daughter found her licking the toilet bowl because she liked the scent of the cleaning products my daughter used to clean the toilet. Shes literally an animal! For discipline I simply isolate her, and tell her that If she can eat things like paper..she can eat broccoli..which she hates..and that is what she eats for breakfast lunch and dinner until she finished the whole plate. I don't know what to do with her anymore.. after discipline she continues the same behavior. I dont know if this problem has something to do with her mothers drug addiction or what..Whats the matter with her & how can I fix it?