Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
potty training a stubborn boy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

potty training a stubborn boy

My son will be 3 in Jan. He has little to no interest in using the potty. I've tried almost everything I can think of, from sitting him on the potty ever few minutes any keeping underware on him to almost forcing it. I am due to have another baby within the month and think this may have something to do with it, in hopes that when he sees that only babies go in diapers it may help. Any suggestions on things to start with boys stubborn about potty training?
377493_tn?1356505749
My son will also be 3 in January, and he too has almost no interest in potty training.  It's not necessarily that he is being stubborn, it may just be he is not yet ready.  The average age for potty training in boys is 3 1/2, and it's certainly not uncommon for them to be 4 and not fully there yet.

The best thing in my opinion is to not push.  We ask him if he would like to use the "big boy" potty, and if he says no, we just leave it alone.  We are letting him set the pace.  Toddlers will get stubborn if they are feeling pushed, so to keep pushing could easily have the opposite effect of what you want to happen.  Don't worry, he'll get there.  Congrats on your new baby!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank