Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
potty training help wanted for a 4.4 year old boy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

potty training help wanted for a 4.4 year old boy

I have been trying to potty train my 4.4 year old boy since he was 3 and he is almost there except for one big thing.  He will not go poop in the toilet.  He has been going to pee since 3 and never has accidents.  He has only used the toilet for poop one time a long time ago and will never try again.  I have tried absoutly everthing from rewards to praise and bribes and nothing works.  When he wants to go he will bring me a diaper and he will only go in the diaper.  My husband and i even refused to put diaper many times then he just holds it in and will not go for days.  We eventually feel so bad and we wind up putting a diaper and he will go right away.  I am so at the end of my rope with this.  My problem is i have a 2.5 year old boy at home who i am just trying to potty train and so i need to keep diapers around.  The little one is starting to go pee but he has not pooped in the toilet either.  If anyone out there has any suggestions or if this has happened to your child and how you over came it.  I am so despereate for any help.   Please email me any thing that has worked.  I am so worried he will keep doing this for ever.