Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
potty training help wanted for a 4.4 year old boy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

I have been trying to potty train my 4.4 year old boy since he was 3 and he is almost there except for one big thing.  He will not go poop in the toilet.  He has been going to pee since 3 and never has accidents.  He has only used the toilet for poop one time a long time ago and will never try again.  I have tried absoutly everthing from rewards to praise and bribes and nothing works.  When he wants to go he will bring me a diaper and he will only go in the diaper.  My husband and i even refused to put diaper many times then he just holds it in and will not go for days.  We eventually feel so bad and we wind up putting a diaper and he will go right away.  I am so at the end of my rope with this.  My problem is i have a 2.5 year old boy at home who i am just trying to potty train and so i need to keep diapers around.  The little one is starting to go pee but he has not pooped in the toilet either.  If anyone out there has any suggestions or if this has happened to your child and how you over came it.  I am so despereate for any help.   Please email me any thing that has worked.  I am so worried he will keep doing this for ever.
i dont know how this will work for you  but when our son was 2 we were having that same problem but e finally got him to do it. we did trial and error. he loves the teenage turtles. so we use to tell him that when he pooped in the toilet he was feeding the turtles and if he didnt go in the toilet then they didnt eat. it worked for awhile til my brother messed it up and said that it wasnt true. so then we sat in there with him and acted like we could see it coming out. we would tell him i see it you better push more here it comes keep going i see it ect... it worked so we did that for awhile. then we finally started to slowly back off and now he does it by himself. now we are working on him trying to wipe himself.
We are fully potty trained now.  Hooray!!!!!!!!!!
My boy is the opposite...he goes poop on the potty and sometimes pee....I can't get him to do it all the time.....Any tips for me?....thanks
throw a froot loop in the toilet and see if he can "hit it"
how old is your son?