Aa
A
A
Close
potty training my 2 yr old boy
Ok so i been trying to work with my son on potty training. he tells me sometimes when he needs to go i think he would be more motivated to go if he didn't have to walk up stairs each time i tried having his potty chair down stairs but he don't like using it he want to use the big boy toilet and he stands up and pees. I have him in underwear but like i said he will just pee and poop on my floor. so i don't know what else to do. His dad isn't around to show him and he seen my boyfriend go so that's were he got the standing up part from. but i don't know what else to do i ask him about every 20 min if he needs to go i even tried taking him to bathroom when i go and that doesn't work to well either. so any ideas would be helpful
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1463413330
Honey, you are trying WAY too early, especially with a boy and especially with no other kids around.  Put him back into pullups or diapers and revisit the subject in 6 months or a year.  Pushing it now will just cause everyone a ton of distress.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
377493 tn?1356505749
Agreed.  The average age for a boy is 3 1/2.  My 3 year old has just started expressing interest (sometimes) now.  He'll let you know when he is ready.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank