Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
potty training

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

potty training

I have a 3 yr old grandson that is not taking to the idea of using the potty...I think it has to do with the fact that he has been moved around a lot in his short life and does not feel secure. He spent some time with his other grandma and she had started working on potty training.. and it was going okay... however my step daughter came and picked up the child about 3 months ago and did not continue with the potty training.. Now he is back in dippers.The problem I have is that he is coming to stay with me for some time and is not potty trained. The dippers I don't like but can deal with it... but he is now peeing in closets.. and pooping on the floor and trying to say some one else did it...I can't have him doing that in my home...and I don't know what to do... he knows he should use the potty but does not want to any helpful tips would be very welcome
What I did with my son is I would throw some cherrios in the toilet and tell him to pee on them to seenk them, I also put a dot at the bottom of the toilet and told him to aim fire... after he did I would praise him and make deal about him useing the potty like a big boy and I would give him a sticker. After he recieved so many stickers i did about 15 in a row he would get a big suprise. He was completely potty trianed in 1 1/2 weeks  Every child is diffrent maybe it will work for you I hope so. Good Luck