Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
potty training

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

potty training

My 3 year old daughter is having problems going number 2. She gets in a corner and crosses her legs, which at that point holds in her poop. She won't poop in the toilet, all she does in stain her underware. I am afraid she will get sick from holding in all the poop. Can you please offer me some advice.
Talk to you ped. He or she will have some good advice for you. I went through the same thing with my oldest when we were potty training her. It took her a while and she got in the habit of waiting until she went to bed (for a nap or at night) when she had a pullup on. I didn't pressure her at all (because I knew that might make it worse)...but she had one BM that hurt and that was it, she started to hold it in all the time. My Ped. said that we need to nip this in the bud, so it doesn't become some cyclical problem. We put her on Miralax (Rx-powder to add to milk, juice, water-no taste) and it worked GREAT. She now is 5 and has normal BM's daily in the toilet without having to take the Miralax anymore.

Good luck!