Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
pregnancy and kids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

pregnancy and kids

I am 6 weeks pregnant how do me and my fiance get our 2 year old and 1 year old ready for a new baby???? This is our 1st child together and our 2nd one for both of us.
Life has happened really fast in this relationship.  :(   Do the two of you have full custody of the other babies?  Can you get married before your next baby arrives?

Best you can do,  in the meanwhile,  is try to establish a stable household for these two babies who are already here,  in preparation for the new baby's arrival soon.
RockRose put it very well.  I would imagine the two other children involved are still getting used to each other and the new family right?  I would be focusing all of my attention on ensuring that they are feeling secure and good about things.  They need all of your attention right now, and will need a good bit of one on one time after the new arrival. Good luck, this cannot be an easy situation.