red under eyes
My 15 mo old has red circles under and around both his eyes, increasing over 5 days or so.  He is a fair caucasian child; pale and blonde with hazel/blue eyes.  He drinks more soy formula (~ 30 oz/day) than eats food.  His stools range from green and soft to brown/black and round.  He has no nose or eye discharge.  Sleep and mood seem unaffected.  Whites of his eyes are normal/white.  We live an hour's drive from DC (refering to plants, pollen, air, etc).  I am wondering about anemia and allergies, but neither seems to fit.  Am I missing something?  (At first I wondered about jaundice, but he's too old and eyes are not the right color.)  I have not changed soaps, we have no pets, we turned on the gas furnace a few weeks ago.
My son is 4 and he always has red circles under his eyes.  I have been told it is a sign of allergies and have had him tested.  I don't know for sure if it is really a sign of allergies or not but he is allergic to everything under the sun.  I would watch for things that he comes in contact with and see if there is any correlation.  Fair children do seem to have the circles more often so it could be nothing.  My son has had it his whole life and does not seem to affected by it so don't worry too much.