Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
sleeping problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

sleeping problem

My son will be 2 in may. He doesn't sleep at night he wakes up about 3 times a night? I don't know what to do. He has never slept all night since he was born! Any suggestions on what to do?
Does he sleep a lot during the day , at 2 he may still want a nap but you can cut the time back ? what time does he go to bed, and does he sleep in his own room ?
Oh boy do I hear you.  My son turned 2 in Jan. and he also does not sleep through the night.  I have tried it all.  The only thing that works for us is co sleeping.  I put him down in his own bed, then when he wakes up at anywhere from 11 to 3am, I bring him into bed with us.  I have even tried letting him cry it out, but just couldn't do it every night.  Unfortunately, it gets to the point that that is pretty much your only solution..crying it out. It depends really on how comfortable you feel.

I could write a book on different things I've tried.  Let me know if you want to hear some of them and maybe they might work for you.

All the best to you.
I know what you mean. I've tried it all also. My son does the same thing it seems like your only option is to put them in the bed with you especially if you want to sleep!! I've tried to let him cryvit out but it doesn't seem to work. It breaks my heart I can't do it. And he doesn't even nap during the day. Im lucky to get 1 nap a month out of him. I've even tried the all natural herbal tea. But it doesn't so any good.
What calms him when he wakes? You picking him up? Giving him a soother? Is he still in a crib?
Mine wakes still and I've linked it with teething. When he's teething bad he will wake up. He's 18 months at the end of this month.
I think the worst thing anyone can do is bring them into bed with you...unless you don't mind an occupant for a long time.
Does he have a night light?