Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
sores on tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

sores on tongue

My son is 18months old and he has two good size white bumps that have come up on the right side of his tongue. He has not been eating hardly anything since these sores have appeared.  I sometimes get a sore on my tongue that looks very simalar to the ones on his and mine or very painful for about two weeks. His have been there for about 4 or 5 days. I sometimes have to go to the dentist. What should I do for him?
If it's what we have dealt with for the past 15 years- it's the viral herpes zoster- not like genital herpes or anything like that but a recurring sore/ a cousin to the chicken pox- it's contagious and my son got it in daycare- all of those kiddos had it-

So if it is the same thing- Maalox liquid helps-
my son wanted to be in band too and all the musical instruments available to him were percussion and he has learned to play the piano- but when those things flare up sometimes he gets a fever- and we miss several more days of school than I would like-

Just went in to the dr last week- one was on his tonsil- of course I thought it was strep- but the dr was sure it was the same sort of blisters- and sure enough we took the mouthwash- gargle- it's phenobarbital/ maalox mixed maybe with some thing numbing- I forget the 3rd ingredient- but he was over his pain in 4 days- it's usually 10-14 days- they told him to keep it on hand for the mouth sores too.

Of course it might be thrush-

God luck