Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
three year old hasn't pooped!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

three year old hasn't pooped!

My three year old son is having trouble pooping.  He is basically potty trained with pee, although we occasionally struggle with him wanting to go on the toilet.  He is a champ at holding pee and can do so for extended periods of time until he finally will go a ton on the toilet!  He holds pee through the night.  He does the same with poop...when he finally goes he poops a ton of poop and it's typically not hard, just really large!  In the past months he has had trouble pooping (even with a pull-up on) and I have resorted to helping him with pedia-lax.  We have now moved completely to underwear.  He has gone poop on the toilet twice now....his second time about a week and a half ago.  Since his last poop on the toilet he hasn't even been trying to hold poop in.  It's almost like he doesn't need to poop.  Finally yesterday (about 10 days after his last poop) he began trying to push/hold his poop.  Should I be concerned he goes so long without pooping, or should I just let this play it's course.  I don't want to give him pedia-lax every week!