Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
throwing fits at school
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

throwing fits at school

My 5 year old son is throwing fits at school on a daily basses. Im being called every day at work over this.He has his fits when it is time to change from doing one thing to doing something else. He can not get use to change.He throws the fit for hours,I have had to leave work to go to the school.Is there any thing we can do to work with him? Time out punishment nothing seems to work.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
Well,  this is the end of November - a time when most kids have gotten thoroughly used to the routine of school.  Has this come up recently,  or has he had these episodes since early September?
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
I also wonder is school a new experience for him?  Has he been in daycare or pre school?

I don't think I would punish for this.  It sounds like something else is going on.  If he has good use of language and can express himself well, I would ask him quite casually (when you are calm) what is going on.  I think that if it's just the transition from one activity to another, I would be consulting his Dr. as well.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...