Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
tics and twitches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

tics and twitches

My 3year old has been constantly twitching and blinking his eyes and sniffing his nose.It`s been going in now for about 3 weeks,when i ask him why,he said it because he has too!So any information youhave would be greatly apreciated.

i would call his dr, something is going on making he unable to control the behavior. my son had this problem but it was a side effect of the med that he was on. is he on any meds? i wish him the best!!!
Hello, My name is Kelly and I have a 3 yr old as well, almost 4, and he started this same thing ( eye twitces, then the sniffles started when he was 3 ) and has recently been doing it together. I've come to the resolution that he has a Tic disorder which is very common, especially in boys. Talk to your pediatrician though. I am a social worker and found the best thing to do is say, " oh, your little twitchy came back, it's O.k. that happens, it'll go away. And don't constantly focus on it after that. Hope this helps, Stay in touch