toddler sudden limping
just wondered if someone could help me out.....my 16 month old son recently started limping....took him to our pediatrician who found he had an inguinal hernia....she then sent us to a specialist.....the specialist doesn't believe the hernia is causing him to limp.....however the pediatrician believes he started limping as a way to deal with the pain from the hernia......i have tried to look it up online but haven't come up with anything substantial.....i was hoping someone would read this and have a similar story........thanks
em,  it seems reasonable to think that the hernia discomfort is causing your son to limp.  What I have found in a google search for inguinal hernia limp is that limping is actually expected in postoperative patients after the repair - so it stands to reason that pain preoperative would also cause a limp.

Do you have plans to have it repaired?
yes he is going to surgery on thursday to have the hernia repaired....thank you for responding...