Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
toddlers bright red cheeks and ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

toddlers bright red cheeks and ear

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me! My 14 month old son has very hot swollen bright red cheeks and ears and body all over is very warm. i brought him to the doc last week and was told he had slapped cheek syndrome cause he had a rash on his body to. but that disappeared with the red cheeks and now today when he came home from creche he's face is swollen and red and very cranky. i also started him and cow's milk a few days ago could that be it??? please help! thanks
Google Fifths Disease.  It should give you some information if that is what the doctor said.
He could be teething!!! or be starting to get an ear infection.   Good luck
Hi, I'm not too familiar with slap cheek syndrome but i have heard of it. Question?.... How long had it been since it cleared up befor it came back? could it be a re-infection, like bronchitis can or colds you can get over and over if your re-infected? could it be more minor because he has built some what of an immunity? does this rash (swollen red) look the same as the other one? is it worse now like it was befor? maybe it is slap cheeck again. if not, possible that swollen and red face and cranky ness to be due to an allergy. but that kind of allergy would happen faster then a few days, it would be something he came in contact with much more recently, like my son is allergic to cows milk and he brakes out in an exzema (eczema) rash over his whole face and body and is cranky, but that will be with in 24 hours, like the next day or by. Good luck and Good bless! hope this helps!
sorry ment to write all the best answers. i brought him to hospital and they said it was the slapped cheek again but doubt it very much as it was completely different. thanks very much for ur help guys.  
http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Pictures_Of_Fifth_Disease?p=l&as=goog&ac=519&kgl=5907593

The link I just posted has pictures of Fifth Disease (slapped-cheek disease) in various manifestations.  If your son has it, it isn't terribly serious for him, but pregnant women should not be around him.  There is a lot of information online about the illness, the above link is just pictures but other links had a lot of information.