Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
wetting pants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

wetting pants

how do I handle a four year old girl when she wets her pants. when we are out shopping she always say she has to go to the bathroom but at home she forgets at times and wets her pants. should I punish her for this.
No punishment makes it worse, dont make a big deal of it, you dont say how often she does it at home is it the odd time, or does she do it a lot. If its only an odd time ignore it, if its regualarly remind her to go and lead her in the Bathroom then leave her to go.Sometimes children do get absorbed in what they are doing and some laziness creeps in and they "hold it'. Be matter of fact about it and no scenes they only make everyone nervous.