Parenting Young Adults (18-26) Community
how to get a 21 year old admitted with medical issues
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting young adults (age 18-26), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, living away at college, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how to get a 21 year old admitted with medical issues

my son has medical issues and this is dipolar,adhd,depression disorder,and mood swings and he has had several sucidal attempts. he won't agree to be committed and when he do agree then he gets to the hospital he will say that he feel sucidal but when they ask him face to face he say he don't. then they release him and he gets home and starts the same thing over again.what advice can you give me
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
See a lawyer.  You might need to have him involuntarily committed.  I think you would have to go before a judge to get the authority to do this since he is 21, but there might be some cases where the parent still can do it [for example, if the child has never lived anywhere but the parents' house and has always been on their health insurance, or something like that] without a court order.  But I think it will likely take a court order.
Blank
1699033_tn?1345482688
What about the 5150 law...does it apply where you live?  If you think that your son is a danger to himself I believe you can notify the police and they will take him in and he will be remanded to stay for I believe 72 hours at which time they will evaluate him.  I'm not sure though so don't call the police until you have done some research on it in your state.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Young Adults (18-26) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...