Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
13 day old son cries a lot
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

13 day old son cries a lot

I need some help and some advice. For the last 4 days now (not nights) my son cries and cries, eats every 30-45 mins for only 5 mins sometimes, burps, gets a diaper change, cries and cries, eats... etc. He won't sleep during the daytime and he is soooo tired, constantly yawning napping for 5-15 mins waking up and crying... I am breastfeeding and am constantly feeding him. I did give him a pacifier on saturday and it helps but we have to constantly put it back in his mouth. If he goes to sleep when nursing I can't put him down or he wakes up. As I am typing this he is sleeping in my arms after napping in his crib for barely 5 mins. It seems like I have to hold him to calm him. Now what's weird is he will sleep all night long. I set my alarm to wake him up to nurse. Last night the alarm didn't wake me up and he slept for 6 hours straight. And yesterday day he slept for almost 4 hours straight but he's back at not sleeping today. I don't want to swaddle him during the day because it is so hot.

The problem is I don't want to hold him all day long... I want him to sleep so I can do housework or just surf the web for a bit. I don't remember my daughter ever being this needy or high maintenance.

The breastfeeding isn't going perfectly, we haven't gotten the latch down over the last 12 days... He doesn't have my nipples bleeding anymore though. I am thinking of giving him a bottle so I can get some help but I really want to breastfeed, My daughter never latched and this is something I want. I don't feel comfortable nursing in public mostly because my boobs have to be flopped out for a min to get him latched. I don't think I can handle it much more!
Somebody please help me :(
krichar commented on Sheaby's status
krichar commented on Sheaby's status
krichar commented on photo
Aug 31