Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
2 month old & Water
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

2 month old & Water

Is it okay to give a 2 month old water?
1 Comment
They don't need water, they get plenty from breastmilk or formula. I didn't start giving my son water until he started on solid foods at 3 months to help with constipation and I didn't give him much at first. Now that he's about 8 months I give him a sippy cup of water all the time and even still I breastfeed him so he probably doesn't really need it.
There is such a thing as giving an infant too much water actually.
MeYeah commented on Who we REALLY are :)...
5 mins ago
Moma_Cher commented on Who we REALLY are :)...
1 hr ago
krichar commented on photo
Jul 31