Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
9 month old and Formula Bottle...
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

9 month old and Formula Bottle...

My 9 month old son has times when him and his formula bottle get along and then has times when him and his formula bottle don't get along and he gets red blotches on his face and sometimes chest. I take the formula bottle away and the red blotches go away. He has never really had a problem like this before when it came to his formula bottle. I'm wondering if it could be cause he's constipated, teething, if he's starting to get an allergic reaction to the formula (Gerber Good Start Gentle Plus), or if its the water (we use well water). Its fairly concerning since it does go away. I'm just wondering what could be causing this? Should I change his formula? Should I use bottled water? If its cause, he's constipated is there anything I can give him? And, if its teething which sounds weird to me is there anything I could do? Cause, I know at this age baby's are suppose to have 4 or 5 formula bottles during the day. We are on WIC, so if its an allergic reaction to the formula would WIC change it for us or would we have to buy it? Should I call the doctor?

He's good when it comes to his baby food. He's good when it comes to juice bottles. He's good when it comes to the sippie cup (I usually put 7up with some water in that).