My 9 month old son has times when him and his formula bottle get along and then has times when him and his formula bottle don't get along and he gets red blotches on his face and sometimes chest. I take the formula bottle away and the red blotches go away. He has never really had a problem like this before when it came to his formula bottle. I'm wondering if it could be cause he's constipated, teething, if he's starting to get an allergic reaction to the formula (Gerber Good Start Gentle Plus), or if its the water (we use well water). Its fairly concerning since it does go away. I'm just wondering what could be causing this? Should I change his formula? Should I use bottled water? If its cause, he's constipated is there anything I can give him? And, if its teething which sounds weird to me is there anything I could do? Cause, I know at this age baby's are suppose to have 4 or 5 formula bottles during the day. We are on WIC, so if its an allergic reaction to the formula would WIC change it for us or would we have to buy it? Should I call the doctor?
He's good when it comes to his baby food. He's good when it comes to juice bottles. He's good when it comes to the sippie cup (I usually put 7up with some water in that).
I would cut out the juice and 7up which is not good fo infants. the acid and suger is too high and they can not wash thier mouth out or brush thier teeth at this age. Up to age 1 the primary food should be breastmilk or formula. Food can be offered after a feed but they don;t need meals. If it is an allergy they will give you another formula with a dr perscription but you will need to have them on it for a while to know their are no allergies to the new milk. Do not swith on your own ask the dr what kind to give first. Sounds like a cow milk sensitivity to me but it is hard to know with all the other things that have been given. Also unless you have tested your water ( supposed to every 4-6 months with well water) I would give purified water or buy a filer for under your sink. It costs around 100 dollars. Wells need to be shocked every 4-6 months for bacteria. Call your local county or city for further info on water in your district. Also you need to know info about when your well was dug, if it is cased and how far and with what, how far the pump is in it if you have a submersable one ir not. I have well water and have a salt filter but have a antimicro-organisim filter ont he sink and bath tubs/showers. Reverse osmosis filters only work on water with chlorine in it like city water and are not benificail to well systems at all. If you find something in your water then you will need to boil the bottles and sippie cups each use. hope this helps and you are able to find the culprite of the rash on your little one
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.