Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
9 months old's schedule.
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

9 months old's schedule.

Just courious as to what everyone's schedule is for their 9 month old. Ours had been working great for a few months but now Trinity seems tired alot and fussy. Wondering if it's time to tweak it. Plus I just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else is doing.

Here's what we are doing:

7:30 AM  Wake up and nurse (after that she gets a sippy cup of water)
9AM Breakfast (after that we keep her sippy full w/ breast milk all day)
10AM Nap
12PM wake and have Lunch
2PM Nap
3PM wake and have snack
6PM Dinner
8PM Bed
  • Schedule
    Quinlan is 9 weeks and 1 day. She goes to sleep at night...[more]
Here is Ryder's schedule:

6-7: Wake Up. If Ryder woke up during the night, then we give him 2 oz of formula in a sippy cup. If Ryder did not wake up during the night then we give him the overnight bottle - 5oz of formula.

8:30 - Breakfast - fruit mixed with rice/cerea
After breakfast - 5 oz bottle
10-11:30 - at some point Ryder takes a nap. He is not a great napper and his morning nap usually lasts about 15 minutes.
12ish - lunch - fruit and vegetable
1ish - 5 oz bottle
2-3:30 - put Ryder down for a nap. No exact time. Again, Ryder fights the nap and will usually only sleep 30-45 minutes.
3:00ish - 4 oz bottle and puffs (snack(
5:00 - dinner - chicken/tofu, vegetable, fruit followed by a 4 oz dinner bottle

Sunday, Tuesday, thursday and Fri or Sat are bath nights. Bathtime is at 7.

7:30 - 8oz bottle; we read Ryder 2-3 books; he is asleep by 8.

Overnight bottle - 5oz

As I wrote this I realized that we don't have a set schedule according to times. During the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner are about the same times. Ryder goes at least 3 hours between bottles until the late afternoon bottle. Because of this, we switched to 4 oz bottles for his afternoon snack and dinner bottles. Ryder is not a good napper during the day; but he is usually a good sleeper at night.  
We aren't too strict on our schedule either, but for the most part Trinity stays on schedule.
Here's Gil's schedule:

7:15am - wake up (has cereal with fruit for breakfast and then some breastmilk - in breast form, he's not a bottle or cup man!)
9:30am - drink of breastmilk then nap
12:00pm - wake up from nap, has a veggie or meat and cereal with fruit for lunch along with some water in a sippy cup
2:00pm - drink of breastmilk then nap
4:30pm - wake up from nap
5:30pm - dinner (usually a fruit and 2 veggies) along with water in a sippy cup
7:30-8pm - bedtime (4ozs. of formula taken via medicine dropper - I TOLD you he didn't like his milk in a bottle or cup, lol!)

Any/all of this can fluctuate, depending on what's going on during the day....but this essentially what we do and when we do it :)
p.s. Gil usually sleeps through the night.  If he does waike up, he doesn't get anything to eat.
Well, I decided to throw another snack in Trinity's scedule, after dinner. It seamed to help, she's sleeping through the night again.

Limonada, Did your Dr tell you to give him the water? I have asked my Dr and she has said it's not neccesay, but I started doing it because her stools were so hard.
No, no one told me to give him water....it's just something I did the first time around with my older son.  He won't drink milk (either formula or breastmilk) in a cup, so I give him the water after he's eaten his lunch and dinner because I figure he's probably thirsty....and he gulps it down.  Plus, since he won't drink the milk out of a sippy cup, giving him the water was what gave him the opportunity to learn to drink from a cup in the first place :)

As an aside....my 4 year old still just drinks milk or water - he's never had juice.  We've offered it to him - when he was older, no longer an infant, and he's refused it every time.
Yeah, I gave my older 2 water also, and so I thought it was weird when my Dr told me it wasn't neccesary. It has helped w/ her hard stools though.
Melissa_71 commented on When you don't l...
1 hr ago
Melissa_71 Clearing out my closet alwa... Comment
1 hr ago
krichar commented on TTC2006's status
Sep 29