Baby wants to eat all the time
My little one is 5 weeks old today, and she will not stop drinking the bottle, she will take a full 4 ounces if I let her(than spit up alot), than an hour later she wants more, is she really hungry or could it be gas? She does sleep 3-4 hours between feedings at night, this eating over and over happens in the early mornings and afternoons. Any suggestions.
Babies love to suck and can take more from a bottle than they need because they like to suck and the milk comes out so easy.  3oz is a normal intake for that age, but every baby is different.  Have you tried giving her a pacifier after 3 ounces or after the 1st bottle.  It is also possible that she has reflux.  Babies can confuse stomach pains for hunger.  Does she spit up a lot, squirm when eating, arch her back often, get fussy - especially in the evening, or drool a lot?  If she has reflux, then you should talk to her pediatrician.  My son started on zantac at 8 weeks and it really helped his reflux.
My son ate every hour or two until he was almost 3 months old.  I nursed until 5 months, so not sure on the amount, but he was constantly hungry.  It was like he was always on a growth spurt.  But, in his case, it was normal and healthy.  He too would spit up a tonne, but didn't have reflux..he was just a hungry little bear..lol.  Eventually he slowed down...and mommy got some sleep..lol.  Just a different type of situation.  I would most definately mention it to his Dr.  
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
krichar commented on KTowne's status
Nov 21
krichar commented on photo
Nov 21
mandaszoo commented on photo
Nov 15