Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Breast fed gassy/cranky
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Breast fed gassy/cranky

Aubryana will be three weeks old on Tuesday. She's been more cranky and gassy the last four or five days, and spitting up...I got gas drops and she burps a LOT now...I'm not sure if it's cause I've been stressed (having DH issues) or because of something I've eaten...she's strictly breast fed, every two hours during the day and every three at night...???
Yes mom's stress can make a baby more cranky and whinny. Not sure about the gassiness but I would not be surprised if the stress is also a factor. Best to resolve your DH problems ASAP...
From the beginning Brady has been very gassy. I've been told by my midwives and doctor that babies are just gassy sometimes. At first he would be really upset if he had a lot of gas but now that he's grown and his intestinal tract is maturing...it doesn't bother him as much. He didn't and still doesn't burp much but he sure toots a lot! LOL So sometimes I have to do some baby yoga or exercises to help get it out.
Don't give her too much of the drops....I only give Brady drops when he literally is screaming about it and the exercises aren't working, I don't want him to become dependent on it in order to get rid of gas.
The best way to burp and really get it out is to sit them on your lap, hold their head in your hands and pat the back. At the same time sway them side to side. That helps. And a nurse showed me that tickling them up the back will sometimes get them to straighten out and get it out too.
I think babies definitely can feel your stress but I'm not sure if that would make them gassy.
krichar commented on Sheaby's status
krichar commented on Sheaby's status
krichar commented on photo
Aug 31