Cluster feeding during day then sleeping alot at night?
Faith is a little over a week old and for the first 4-5 days she would clusterfeed 24/7 then she started clusterfeeding all day then only waking up every 4-5 hours at night to eat. is this normal or should i start setting an alarm every 3 hours to wake her up to eat? shes being supplemented but only gets 2 formula feedings a day, one in the middle of the day and one at about 9 pm then she bf's again around 11-12pm before i go to bed.
Some people would say yes to setting an alarm.  But after having 5 kids I would say NO, as long as she isn't going past 5 hours I would let her sleep.  Some babies just have different schedules.  As long as she's gaining weight and healthy I would stick with what she seems happy with.
lillian is just the opposite-she cluster feeds at night and sleeps 4-5 hour stretches during the day.  pediatrician said the overall picture (number of feedings, diapers, etc) is more important and as long as they are gaining weight it is fine
Did you go to the ped when Faith was 1 week old? If so, is her weight good? Some babies eat enough during the day and don't have to wake up as frequently at night. As long as her weight is good then I would say don't worry about it.
No she didnt have a 1 week appointment, i had to take her in everyday after we left the hospital until she was 4 days old because her billruben levels were borderline for Jaundice and she weighed 5 lb 11oz with her birth weight of 6 lb 3 oz. She was originally down to 5lb 6 oz. She has her two week appointment the end of this week so i think im going to keep the schedule she's setting until then and if her weights good then ill let her stick to it and if its low then ill start waking her up. I weighed her on my kitchen scale(for weighing flour etc for baking instead of measuring cups) which is pretty sensitive and she weighs 6 lb 6 oz. im not sure how accurate it is or how it weighs compared to the docs scale, it weighs all my food accurately (4 sticks of butter weighs to be 1 lb of butter like it should) so it cant be too far off.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
hopeitworks commented on cheekyhalfs's status
Aug 26
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
krichar commented on KeeLolo's status
Aug 19