Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Getting my 6 month old to nap during the day
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Getting my 6 month old to nap during the day

Hi Everyone,
It's been a while since I have been on hope everyone is doing great.  I need some advice and tips with getting my baby to nap.
Let me start off by saying I have a wonderful baby.  He started sleeping through the night at 2 months old in his own bed in his room.  He goes down at night at about 730pm and usually is up for the day at about 6am give or take a half hour.  
I know he needs more sleep.  He will get fussy throughout the day from being tired and will fall asleep on me.  I will try to move him to his crib, but he screams.  I don't believe in letting him cry there an hour to sleep 30 minutes or whatever so I just let him rest on me (I don't like him crying at all and won't let it happen for more than a few minutes).  Right now he has a cold and I know he goes through growth spurts and times where he needs more rest.  I can't just have him sleeping on me all day...lol.  How do I get him to go down for a nap without screaming?  I know he would benefit from a nap in the AM and one in the afternoon.  
Any help would be much appreciated =)