Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Growth all over the place!
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Growth all over the place!

We just got back from Trinity's Dr apt and I am really confused. Her height had always been in the 80% percentile weight 50th and head 20th. At her 6 month apt it all had evened out and was all in the 50th percentile. Now today at her 9 month apt. her head is still in the 50th weight 25th and height 89th???? Dr didn't seem concerned but is this normal?
I think it's pretty normal. Percentiles don't mean a whole lot. My Dr. doesn't even tell me what percentile the kids are in unless I ask. It looks like she's long and lean.
My Dr. is like KarenDiane.  Unless she is concerned about something, she doesn't say much except "he is normal". Ryder was low birthweight and only in 3rd percentile, so I hear quite a bit about it until he was 4 months, now they don't say much.  Only odd thing was last wellness check.  He was in 25th for weight, 5th for height and can't remember for head cirumference, but then they told me he was 50th for ratio of height/weight/head?  Made no sense to me.  Honestly, if there is an issue they will tell you, otherwise I think she sounds pretty normal!!  I cannot believe they are 9 months!! It was yesterday we were belly buddies!!!!  Good lord, how did this go by so fast????  
LOL....adgal, I know! I can't believe she is almost walking already. :-(
krichar commented on beddajess's status
Jul 26
krichar commented on krichar's status
Jul 26
krichar commented on Sheaby's status
Jul 25