Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Important Information about this group:: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!...
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Important Information about this group:: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!

Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital.

ANY sign that your newborn or infant could be having medical trouble requires a call to the pediatrician because there's no way for us to know for sure and you do NOT want to receive advice that your child is OK only to have some very serious be wrong with them. TAKE NO CHANCES...when in doubt, call your pediatrician.

Please refrain from judgmental or rude comments and ensure that you're helping everyone feel welcome and accepted here, no matter how different their parenting style might be from yours.

(note:: posts that discuss controversial topics such as dosing your children with medicine in order to get them to sleep and/or advice that recommends behavior that would pose serious harm to a newborn or infant will be deleted. )

Welcome and ask anything...I hope we can provide some very helpful information!
Thanks for starting this and for inviting me to join!  With a busy almost 7 month old I can use all the tips and help I can get!!!
Yay!  I am so excited about this forum... I was just wondering why there wasn't one.  Thanks Ashelen for creating!  =)
Thank you for starting this forum! I'm expecting in a few weeks and I'm sure this forum will come in handy!!
I am so thrilled that so many people have joined already....we will get some very good and varied advice i hope that Will help everyone...and remember, don't be afraid to seek support here too!!! No one will judge you for being overwhelmed or depressed!

I will try to check this forum every other day at the least but probably every day.... And if i run into a question i have no idea about i will try to ask around or direct you towards someone who might have an answer. I am by no means an expert but i think that sharing our experiences with one another is going to be very helpful!

Thanks for joining, everyone!!!!
Yes, this is awesome...I'm sure come the time...I will be asking many questions!
krichar Fun Journal up Comment
retta483 commented on Who we REALLY are :)...
Who we REALLY are :)
4 hrs ago by krichar