My little "beaver"....SIGH
So just last night, Baby G decided to start chewing on the side of his crib :(  This morning, it looks like a beaver's been gnawing at the side of it.  He's got 8 teeth now and I guess he's just trying to figure out what in the world is edible and what's not.  It's one of the cribs that converts to a double bed, so we'll be sanding it and refinishing it - once we figure out how to deter him from continuing to nibble on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions based on a similar experience?  My husband has affixed a towel to the side, but G's going to have that thing ripped off of there in about 2 seconds, lol.  

Daniel's crib was one of the recalled drop side Storkcraft ones so we got rid of it....but it was so much better in that the top rail was encased in plastic and, thus, difficult to gnaw....or at least didn't leave tooth marks.
Wow, it's like we have clones of the same children..lol.  Oh yes, we have the same problem.  He also just got his 8th tooth, and no question it gets worse during teething.  Just the other day, a friend told me about plastic caps you can get for the top railings (that seems to be his favorite spot).  I am going to go check out babies r' us, walmart, sears, etc. to see if i can find them.  I know it's all supposed to be non toxic materials, but I worry about him swallowing a big chunk (although it's only little chips he takes out so far).  If you find them, please let me know where, and I will do the same.  We tried the towel as well, it lasted about 10 minutes..ha.  
Thanks, Amanda :)  It's uncanny - and a little eerie - how similar our little men are! ;)  I'll definitely let you know if I find something.  When he got home from work today, my husband actually put a couple of stitches in an old towel and put it over the top rail to hopefully deter Gil for a little while until we can find a more permanent solution!!
those rail protectors are brilliant - a girlfriend of mine has them on her cot. it hasn't stopped the gnawing, but at least bubby isn't going to get splinters!

We have just set up our nursery (5 weeks to go!) and have put these on from the get go!
Me and my DH bought the rail protectors at IKEA - at $4.99 it was quite a bargain.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
krichar, and hopeitworks commented on Des_a_rae's status
Sep 14
krichar commented on pb95's status
Sep 09
krichar uploaded new photos
Sep 08