Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Schedule
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Schedule

Quinlan is 9 weeks and 1 day. She goes to sleep at night anywhere from 930-1130 and will get up to nurse every 2-3 hrs through out the night and gets up between 730-9 am. During the day she typically naps in the am between 10-11. Then seems to cat nap the afternoon away. I worry does she nap too much? She usually falls asleep when she is eating or when we go for walks or in the car. Now that Im back to work she is being bottle fed(still breast milk).
I also wanted to try to get her on more of a schedule. But have heard its really not possible at this yound age and especially with BF'ing
So I guess when did your baby start being more awake than sleeping? Is she getting too much sleep?
krichar commented on JennyB0125's status
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status
Jul 22
krichar , Comment
Jul 22