Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Sleep Sacks???
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Sleep Sacks???

Ok, so my DD is almost 9 months old. Last winter we used the swaddle blankets to keep her warm. This year we are looking for LS Sleep Sacks. Anyone know where I can find one? I get real nervous about winter because when my DS was 5 months old he got Brochial Pnemonia (pneumonia) and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. I want to make sure she is warm enough but can't find any for her size w/ sleeves.
They have them on amazon by Summer Infant. I just went on amazon and typed in long sleeved sleep sack and several types came up. They also might sell them at babies r us since I know Carters makes a long sleeved sleep sack, and BRU sells Carters clothes.
The best thing i found for DS was the really thick footy pajama's but he also always really hated sleep sacks and being swaddled. He's not 2 and we still get him the thick footies because he always kicks his blankets off.
I use sleep sacks as well, although I use the short sleeved ones.  I have found them in most major department stores.  I use a sleep sack combined with a weather appropriate sleeper and love them!!  DS is also almost 9 months old, and I am still too nervous to put blankets in the crib.
I was at Target today and saw some long sleeved blanket sleeper sacks. Also since i know most of the ones i've seen since they started coming out with fall baby clothes are still sleeveless or shortsleeve. What about putting a long sleeved onsie on her underneath the sleepsack so her arms are still covered?
We have been using the sleevless, she wont sleep w/o a sleep sack....LOL But I just wanted to make sure she is warm. The only LS Carters I could find only go up to 9 months and Trinity is so long she can't use them comfortably. But I will check Amazon and Target. Thanks ladies! :-)
krichar commented on photo
krichar We made it!! (Well 2 days a... Comment
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status
Aug 20