Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Torticollis
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Torticollis

My daughter is 2 months old...At her check up on Thursday her dr said she has a very mild case of Torticollis..

Does anyone know anything about this..

We are stretching her neck muscles 5 to 6 times a day along with placing her so she is forced to turn her head in the opposite direction...

I am thinking that a infant neck support pillow will also help..

If anyone knows anything or has any suggestions please let me know..
1 Comment
A friend of mines son had this. She said that with proper physical therapy it went a way with no problem.
krichar commented on krichar's status
Oct 21
krichar Done Christmas shopping for... Comment
Oct 20
krichar commented on photo
Oct 15