Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
What is it about the car seat??
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

What is it about the car seat??

Every time I put Soraya in her car seat (I actually have 4! (I know) 3 are different names and shapes) she cries and screams! Once she screamed the whole way home, its a 30 min. drive!! Im not sure if she just really hates car seats or what... She is always in a clean diaper, fed, burped, everything! I tried giving her oval... I tried a 'bare' car seat, putting extra padding, and all sorts of different things!
Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like Im hurting her, even though I know nothing is hurting her!
My son screamed EVERY single time he was in the car seat up until he was almost 4 months old.  I started dreading everytime we'd have to go anywhere. We almost cancelled our one vacation this summer because we had to be in the car for 2.5 hours.  And yes, he screamed the whole way, even with me in the backseat.  But, thank goodness, he's gotten over that phase. That's probably all it is with Soraya. I never figured out what it was that Braeden hated so much about the carseat, but now he'll fuss every once in awhile, but doesn't go the entire way screaming.  

I just realized I didnt' really give you any advice, becuase I dont' really have any solutions for you, but I hope the fact that DS got over his car seat "phobia" helps!
I think it's a general hate for most babies. Kylie screams bloody murder every time she's put in hers, to the point where she's red in the face and spitting up really bad. (We try to limit our car drives due to this) I've been told most babies will just outgrow it.
Thank you!! At least I know that Im not the only parent going through this and that she will maybe grow out of it!
Melissa_71 Merry christmas to all! Comment
Dec 24
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Dec 19
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Dec 16