bed sharing
This may seem like a dumb question, but for those of you that bed share with your babies in the winter, how do you keep warm without any blankets?  I know that you are not supposed to have any blankets or pillow near the baby, and if you covered yourself with a blanket, wouldn't it be too close to the baby?  The baby can have a cozy sleep sack, but what do we use?  They should make sleep sacks for co-sleeping mamas - Lol!!
LOL! I always put Emily way up at the very top of the bed. So her head was almost touching the head board. Then I scooted my pillow down 6 inches or so. Does that make sense?
Great idea. Thanks!!!!
Ryder doesn't sleep with us anymore (he see's us and it's instantly play time..lol).  But, when he was smaller, we used a co sleeping bed, then each had our own blanket.  The co sleeping beds are fabulous (and inexpensive!).  We tucked him in there with his sleepsack or swaddled, then slept on either side with our own blanket and pillow.  With the co sleeping bed there was no danger of blankets or pillows getting over his face.

For us this was the best solution.  If you are interested, I got my co sleeping bed at Babies R Us for about $60.  I will be using it with this next little one as well.
adgal - thanks for the suggestion - I remember seeing those at Babies R US.  Do you happen to know what the weight/size limit is on those beds?  How long was Ryder able to fit safely.  Finn was 14 lbs, 7 oz at 8 weeks and now he is almost 12 weeks, so I imagine is over 15 now.  He might be too big to fit - my little pork pie!!!!  
Ryder was in it until about 4 months or so but he was small for his age.  Might not be the best fit for you then. Darn it!  I thought I had come up with a great solution for you..lol.  I would check for you, but it's in our off site storage until the next one comes.  I honestly can't remember the restriction, but I know he was in it for at least 4, maybe 5 months.  Still, your Finn is bigger then he was then.  Ryder is only about 19-20 lbs now at 10 months.
I just kept the temperature in the house to where it was comfortable for me to not have covers.  Sometimes I slept with a sweater on.  If it was reallycool I would just get a loose blanket and put it over me and tuck it around me so it wasn't loose near the baby.  
Lol...I still always sleep with blankets, but often Kylie kicks them off of us so only my legs are covered. To keep her warm I just put my arm over her and hold her really close to me. The body heat is usually enough to keep us both warm. We're also right over the heater too, so the room can stay warm even if we're uncovered.
we cosleep with Lillian.  Tried putting her in the cosleeper but she hated it.  We get much more sleep now that she just sleeps in our bed.  I keep the covers to my waist or below and dress her in a warmer sleeper.  I figure if i am comfortable sleeping in pants and a nursing bra, she's plenty warm.  And we keep each other warm as well since she always ends up snuggled up against my chest.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Melissa_71, and krichar commented on mhv's status
Feb 09
krichar commented on krichar's status
Feb 09
krichar i hate my in laws. ... that... Comment
Feb 08