Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
ill be the first :)
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

ill be the first :)

i posted this on the pregnancy group but since this is here i will repost here also.
okay this kinda freaks me out but ariana has only done this twice. she'll be dead asleep (first time was in her carseat in my friends house and second was on my chest) and then all of a sudden she starts screaming. the first time really freaked me out A LOT because she looks at me and looks really confused and she was looking at me like she didn't know me and i was trying to comfort her and she just kept screaming randomly but she was awake? and then last night she did it again. it was a little easier to comfort her that time but it was still really scary.
has anyone else's baby ever done this? it really scares me. she is constantly loved on and played with, theres nothing bad or stressful in her life so what would she have to dream about that would be bad? i read someone on babycenter not to pick her up and comfort her when this happens because shes having night terrors?? i dont understand why i shouldn't comfort her and what she would be dreaming about.
any insight / experiences with this is appreciated. :)
Hey girl :). That definitely sounds like night terrors to me, Kahlan gets them. I've never heard of them starting in one so young??? Although I guess she's, what, 3 months now? 4 months? Yikes it goes so fast..I don't know why they would tell you not to comfort her...our peditrician always told us to comfort Kahlan until she comes back to recognizing where she is and just let her go back to sleep where she feels safe....but there's not really any way to prevent them unfortunately.

Sometimes they can be caused by hormonal/chemical imbalances..or noises that occur regularly through the night that we as adults might not hear (say the refridgerator starts up and it vibrates through the wall..and Ariana can hear it because she's not used to it, but we can't)...it's just hard to pinpoint why night terrors occur....but children grow out of them so if it really is night terrors all you can do is wait until she outgrows them unfortunately :(.

Kahlan will be 2 next month and she has a lot less than she used to, if that helps.
ah thanks im so glad shes not alone. poor thing thats so sad. i wonder what they are dreaming about?
oh and then wikipedia said its mostly caused by stress or not sleeping enough. but she sleeps like 11 hours a night now and takes cat naps during the day so it can't be that. and shes never stressed out and hardly ever left to cry for very long. she has a billion people loving on her constantly.
so far she's only had 2 and none last night so i hope she doesn't have any more. im going to comfort her because shes so little, i want her to know im gonna protect her from whatever she is dreaming about.
and yeah she is 3 months now. time flies. :( im like distraught over her getting older because i dont want another child. but i LOVE the baby stage. shes been such a little joy. and to think of her being older and bigger makes me so sad. i miss her being little already and she's still little ha...i feel like its just going away way too fast. i am fairly confident i wont change my mind about another child ( i rarely change my mind when its set on something..im very stubborn lol ) so i am trying to soak up as much of her being a baby as possible. :(
Benoit has had a couple of nightmares recently, only during the day so far while he was napping in his crib. He is 3 months old, and he is a very nervous little dude. I have heard it's not uncommon at this age, though I hope it does not happen too often.
Melissa_71 We had summer for a week bu... Comment
krichar . Comment
Melissa_71 commented on When you don't l...
Sep 30