Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
my 8 1/2 yr old is waking up in the middle of the night
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

6122452?1284047198
so hrs his history started sleeping thru the night about 4 months old with the ocational wake up now at 8 1/2 months old he has been waking up for the past few weeks around 2-3 in the morning and he wants to be fed so i give him a bottle why is this happening ALL of a sudden he slepped thru the night for so long and then all of a sudden this i have tried to let him cry it out it dont work he just gets madder and madder to the point of taking deep breathes i dont know what to do right now i am a sahm but thats cause i cant find work right now but what am i going to do once i do find work
Maybe it is a growth spurt? Or teething? There was a 3 week period before my DS got his 3rd tooth when he started waking up a minimum of once a night. Just like your DS, he had been sleeping through the night most nights since he was 2 months old. My DS had an awful night, a slight fever the next day, and threw up. When I brought him to the doctor, we found the new tooth. The next night he was back to his normal routine. For the past 4-5 weeks my DS has been waking up 1 night a week and sleeping through the other nights. Good luck!
my baby is 8 almost 9 months old and has been doing the same thing, I think docsaf is right. Growth Sprurt.
enolia commented on Is 3.7 years old the ...
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status
krichar commented on krichar's status