Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
transition to day care center`
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

transition to day care center`

Currently my 4 month old daughter stays with my sister in law while I work.  She has been there since she was 8 weeks (part time) started there ful time around 14 weeks.  We are moving and need to switch her to a day care center.  Does anyone have aany advice to get her (and me) ready for this change?

Thanks!
I am getting my 10 month old ready for daycare and asked the same question.  I got some really good advice on what to look for in a provider, and the biggest piece of advice I got about the actual transition was to try to make it a slow one.  Go with them for the first few days a couple of hours at a time. Seemed like a good idea to me, so going to give it a shot. Good luck to you.
I'll be honest:  at the age your daughter is, it's likely going to be harder on YOU than it will be on her!  "Luckily", she hasn't gotten to the age where she's aware to the point that she's going to make strange or panic when she doesn't see you.  

I recommend visiting with her at the centre or dropping her off for shorter periods of time than she'll actually be there when she's in "for real" to assist with the transition.

Good luck...it's not easy - I have a 4 year old who's been in daycare since he was a year old and a 10 month old who will be starting in another month and a bit when I go back to work.
krichar . Comment
Melissa_71 commented on When you don't l...
Sep 30
Melissa_71 Clearing out my closet alwa... Comment
Sep 30