Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
vaccine
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

vaccine

My 7 week old is scheduled for his 2 month vaccinations next week and I am already dreading it  His doctor recommended bringing infant Tylenol with us to give him after the shots.  I know that some people give Tylenol before the shots.  I was wondering what you all did and what you would recommend.

thanks
I used the infant Tylenol as well. its soo sad, i cried :(  be strong momma
Liam had his vaccines last week. 1 oral and 3 shots in the leg.  I gave him infant ibuprofin after his shots. I probably would have done it before if I'd thought of it. He had a poor appetite and a slight fever for about 24 hours.
I gave Trinity her Tylenol before and she did great this time!
One thing you want to make sure: that they dry the alcohol they use to clean the spot where they're going to inject the vaccine. I am sure that's why Benoit cried for 10 minutes last time.
thanks everyone!  I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well on Wednesday.
Melissa_71 Merry christmas to all! Comment
Dec 24
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Dec 19
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Dec 16