Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
weight / height in a 4 month old
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
85 members

weight / height in a 4 month old

ariana's 4 month check up was last week. she is 14 lbs 12 oz and 25.5 inches long. the doctor told me she is in the 95th for weight and 90th for height, but i looked up her size on a percentile calculator ( i tried 2 actually ) and they both said she is between 50th-75th for weight and like 80th for height.
SO what were your babies weight and heights at 4 months? im not sure what percentage to think she is in. but i dont think she is that big. she can still wear some 0-3 month PJS.
My son will be 2 mos soon....and as of sept 1st he was in the 75th percentile at 24 1/2 in long.....and 10lbs (50th percentile) but boys r always bigger....so im sure ur lil princess is just perfect the size she is :)
Emilee had her 6 week weight check yesterday and was 7 lbs....she has been gaining weight nicely considering she was 8 weeks premature....they expect her to be around 8 lbs by the time she is 2 months old

typically the doc said the baby should gain 2 lbs a month for a certain period of time....so if you take arianna's birth weight and add 8 lbs to it that is what she should weigh right now

Emilee should weigh 12 lbs by 4 months since she was 4 lbs 3 oz at birth
oh good she was about 7 pounds at birth (6 lbs 14 oz) and weighs 14 lbs 12 oz now so that is perfect. hmm i wonder why they said 95th percentile?
Benoit had his 4 months old checkup last week, 2 days after turning 4 months old. He was 16 lbs and 25.75 in, the pediatrician said he was in the 75% for both weight and height. Which correlates fairly well with the Medhelp scale. So I think your pediatrician was a bit confused and your baby is not as big as he thinks!
Franky is 10 weeks old a week ago he was 13lbs and 23 inches tall he was 8.3lbs at birth, and two weeks early.  He is just a big boy... like his daddy.  I am sort of a small person and couldn't even do a push up prior to pregnancy...lol.  I can barely hold him I don't know what I am going to do when he is a little older.  Just like adults babies come in all different shapes and sizes, and just as long as she is healthy that is all that matters.  =)  
She sure is super cute too !!!
My 9 week old boy weighs over 16 pounds. He was born at 8.4. Not sure how long he is as we are going to the doctor next week. Sure is at least 26 inches by now. He looks like a 6 month old already. He eats 4 oz every 2 hours around the clock (may get 4 hours once at night). Is he eating too much? Is he too big for 9 weeks old?
Every baby grows differently. We really shouldn't compare our baby's sizes. Your Dr. will tell you if the baby is gaining too little or too much. Liam is my smallest baby at 6 weeks, but Emily was my smallest at birth. How much your baby has gained is much more important than overall size.
krichar commented on photo
krichar commented on Who am I?
krichar commented on photo