Parenting Expert Forum
How to help me be a better child...

Questions in the Parenting Forum are being answered by doctors from MindWorks. Topics include: Behavioral Issues - Discipline, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Recreation, School Issues, Social Development

How to help me be a better child...

1     Don't spoil me  I know quite well that I ought not to have all that I ask for  I'm only testing you

2     Don't be afraid to be firm with me.  I frefer it  It makes me feel more secure

3.     Don't let me form bad habits  I have to rely on you to fetect them in the early stages

4     Don't make me feel smaller than I am.  It only makes me behave stupidly  "BIG"

5     Don't correctme in front of other people if you can help it  I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me
          in private

6     Don't make me feel my mistakes are sins  It upsets my sense of values

7     Don't take too much notice of my small ailments  Sometimes they get me the attention I need

8     Don't nag  If you do I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf

9     Don't forget that I cannot explain myself as well as I should like  This is why I'm not always very accurate

10     Don't  make rash promises  Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken

11     Don't tax my honesty too much  I am easily frightened into telling lies

12     Don't be inconsistent  That completely confuses me and makes me lose faith in you

13     Don't tell me my fears are silly  They are terribly real and you can do much to reassure me if you try to  
          understand

14     Don't put me off when I ask questions  If you do you will find that I stop asking and seek my information
          elsewhere

15     Don't ever suggest that you are ferfect or infallible  It gives me too great a shock when I discover that you are
          neither

16     Don't ever think it is beneath your dignity to apologize to me  An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly
          warm toward you

17     Don't forget how quickly I am growing up  It must be very difficult to keep pace with me but please do try.

18     Don't forget that I can't thrive without lots of understanding love but I don't need to tell you, do I?
I went over the word limit so I went through and deleted the 0's before  1 - 9  
Then I went through and took out all of the comma's, and when that wasn't enough I went through and took out all of the periods.  LOL  
So that is why there is not punctuation.  Sorry!  
Thanx, momeluv
I real like this post. Can I ask you, did you write this? If you did, you need to have it published. Where can I find an actual copy of this if it is already published?