Parenting Expert Forum
my child 19 month not talking,but say only tata
About This Forum:

Questions in the Parenting Forum are being answered by doctors from MindWorks. Topics include: Behavioral Issues - Discipline, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Recreation, School Issues, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my child 19 month not talking,but say only tata

my 19 month old child not talking,sometimes say tata,she interested in seeing T V ,and also she is not listening to us,always she want to run,very active if we take here outside,in room always she want to lay down.
Related Discussions
521840_tn?1348844371
Hello,
   a 19 month old should be producing words and meaningful gestures, if not two word combinations. Your child should be evaluated by a professional to determine if she has a developmental delay. You will want to make an appointment to see your pediatrician. Ask if there is anything that could explain why your daughter is not producing words (hearing loss, low muscle tone in her face/lips etc.). Your pediatrician can refer you for a developmental assessment. You can get a developmental assessment from a psychologist, through your county's infants and toddler program, or through a multidisciplinary team at a hospital.

While some professionals take a 'wait and see' attitude, by 19 months with no words you have waited long enough before seeking help. Early intervention services help many children and families, and are available for free through your county.

Best Wishes
Rebecca Resnik
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank