Parkinson’s Disease Community
AZILECT QUESTION
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

AZILECT QUESTION

Hi all,

I care for my grandmother 7 days a week. On her last visit to the doc, He decided to lower her does of Azilect from 1mg to 0.5mg.  told her to call in 2 weeks and let him know how she is feeling. Well in those 2 weeks she was getting her weakness spells again and feeling rather crappy!

So i called the doc and told him that the symptoms came back, so we put her back to 1mg.  Now she is having crazy diarrhea.  Is that a symptom. I have her drinking lots o fluids so she doesn't dehydrate.  

Or do you think she should be seen by a doc.  The diarrhea started last week but went a way and came back a couple days ago but now its worse and all liquid(TMI SORRY).  I feel horrible for her but there isn't anything I can do to help that. I haven't been letting her eat things that may irritate her tummy for the last couple days but thats not helping either

What do ya'll think?

Thanks
Lynn