Hi, I'm a 29 male who exercises (weight lifting - 3 years and counting ) at least 4 times a week + plays soccer at leats once a week. I pretty much look after my diet and live as healthy as i can. However over the past year, I have been experience rather disturbing symptoms which seems to excerbate during times of increased heart rate (happy, anxious, post-exercise and etc...).
Please see below my list of symptoms thats been bothering me:
1. Bodywide twitching - Single fire pop like muscle twitch, rapid irregular pop like twitch when at rest. Myoclonus?
2. Right heel plantar fasciistis
3. Painful bone at lower right butt - it flares up when i sit down for too long... improves with movement. manageable pain. nothing intensive. can only feel it if i flex my right but or when i run as well.
4. Right Top of the shoulder bone pain pain - improves with movement. if i were to let it rest, i will get this dull aching pain when i flex it forward. manageable pain.
5. Myoclonus of the hands - both right fingers and left fingers
6. Sometimes I'll wake up (half awake) with my fingers tremoring, either my left or right arm tremoring, either my left or right leg tremoring. but all will be gone when i wake up fully. when i try to invoke it again by resting... it will not happen. (physocological?)
7. Rymthmic Myoclonus of the right forearm that moves my right index finger up and down which is my PRIMARY concern - It happens after action (pick up a mug, pull ups, opening a refrigerator, moving my arms, walking, runnning) and at rest (resting my elbow on my thighs with my body leaning forward (compressing the nerves in my elbow?), resting my right arm on my thigh, resting my arm on my sofa rest). it feels like a pop in my right forearm at a rate of 1.5 -2hz (for a good 30sec to a min) which makes my right index finger goes, up, then down, rest for a millisec, then goes up and then down. Now, when this happens, i can make it happen again (most of the time) by flexing my arm, clinching my hand into fist, shake my arm around or stretching my right arm. it first manifested when i was walking back to my office after gym 1 year 3 months ago. I realized that it was poping up and down, but put it down to my pulse (heart beat) flarring up.
8. Irregular right forearm muscle popping twitch with numbness and tingling sensation - if i were to rest my arm in an uncomfortable manner (resting my arm off the arm rest of my chair so that my arm is dangling, or twisting my arm while resting in an uncomfortbale manner and etc...), my right thumb and fore finger will tingle, pins and needle sensation and then my fore arm will have this popping irregular twitch. It will go away if i were to remove my right arm from that position
9. Occasional tingling sensation/ pins and needles of my right foot when standing
I really do not know what is happening to me... visited 3 neuros (2 of them are Movement disorder specialist) who ran bloodworks, MRI and neuro physcial test said that i am fine.
Will appreciate it greatly if you could share with me your comments. It's disturbing me greatly... mentally. Am very worried of parkinson's, als, MS or any neurological maladies.
Follow this pranayam to stimulate the nervous system. Do the anulom vilom for 30 minutes, twice a day, keeping your eyes closed. You have made a list of symptoms, so review the list every month. Let me know when 5 symptoms have gone.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril
then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Repeat this 5 to 21 times.
September 27, 2011
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.