CRAZY MOOD SWINGS
Hi everyone,

so I care for my grandmother along with 2 other caregivers. she has had PD for about 9 years. within the last year she has started having crazy mood swing. crying in the middle of a conversation, screaming at me for no reason. stomping and tantrums (like a 2 year old).  she has dyskensia and falls all the time!  she is depressed, has anxiety, hallucinations, memory loss!

she takes
carbodopa/levodopa
azilect
keppra
vitamin d
325 aspirin
relora
cerofolin
and lepressor (for high blood pressure)

does anyone else have these same problems.  I am trying to come up with ways to help these mood swings as i get the brunt of them since i am family. she says some pretty nasty things to me! wondering if it would help to have her talk to someone.

HELP

-Lynn-
  Parkinson's in its later stages can cause psychosis and dementia. Irritabilityy and behavioral changes can be part of dementia. It would be very important to discus this with her doctor to see if this could be what is occuring because it is treatable. Also think back if any medications were changed or started when this hapened because some of the medications you listed (such as Keppra) do have the potential to cause mood changes Speak to her doctor about this as they would have a full physician's only database and could determine if this is the cause
  They could also determine the specific cause of the falling episodes as this can commonly occur with Parkinson's but is an occasional side effect of some medications. Dyskinesias can occur in Parkinson's but are also an eventual side effect of the Carbo-Dopa Levo Dopa which is medically neccessary for Parkinson's. However only a physician would understand this in full and be able to make a determination as to follow up within their clinical discretion. It would be worthwhile to obtain  a referral to a neurologist who is a movement disorders specialist to follow up on this if she isn't seeing one already.
Thank you