Parkinson’s Disease Community
Do I Have Early Onset PD?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Do I Have Early Onset PD?

Not Officially diagnosed yet.  Been to a Neurologist last week.  He's sending me for a brain mri next week.

My history:  43 year old male in good physical shape.
2 years ago had frozen shoulder incident.  With PT and shot of cortisone this healed.

However stiffness never went away. I have/had right arm very rigid no swing when walking.
Fast forward 2 years:  Experiencing problems with manual dexterity of fingers (can't type with right hand).  More recently been experiencing slight tremors in right hand/arm/ have a tendency to shuffle my feet.  (people at work comment on my limp)
Doctor gave test for slowness of movement (thumb & forefinger test) which I could barely do.

With all these symptoms, could this be anything but PD?

Thanks for any feedback

scott
Do this and you will start to overcome the PD symptoms.Come back and post your progress, so others may benefit.
You need to help your body to build up your immune system.The breathing exercises - pranayam is a holistic approach creating extra oxygen supply in the body and will slowly help with the health problem.Do the pranayam to see the benefits.If you feel tired or dizzy stop and resume after 1 minute.Build up your timing slowly and after two weeks at the suggested duration you will start to notice benefits.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom - Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 10 times
----
Only by doing you will benefit and will feel good that you can do something to help the body.Copy and print this to master the technique.This is  simplified pranayam for everyone and you do not have to go to classes to learn. This is for life unlike short term classes where you do it in the class then stop when classes are over.  
I would recommend the website http://www.yopa.citymax.com/home.html  My husband who is 33, is not diagnosed yet but they think he might have PD.  I found this website and it run by two people that have young onset and they run a chat room 7-11 everyday.  We have found out so much and asked so many questions.  There are people from all over.  It is called Young Onset Parkinson's Association.  Someone always answers your questions.